Nicki is a regular expert commentator featured in print, digital, and radio journalism. Her appearances include:
- Participated in discussion of systemic racism and white privilege on the Race Haven Podcast, hosted by Scott Speed.
- Quoted by Andi Zeisler, founding editor of Bitch Magazine, in her 2016 book We Were Feminists Once: From Riot Grrrl to CoverGirl¨, the Buying and Selling of a Political Movement.
- Quoted by Christa Marshall in “Apple Hits Clean-Tech Home Stretch with iPhone-Stripping Robot,” Governors’ Wind & Solar Energy Coalition, March 24, 2016.
- Interviewed by Chandra Johnson for “How Feminism and Marketing Became Bedfellows — and How it’s Changing,” Desert News National, September 1, 2014.
- In-depth interview about hidden costs of Apple products on LoraxLive, a production of Anonymous Radio, August 9, 2014.
- Interviewed by Padmini Parthasarathy for “Self Portraits of Purse Junk,” Vitamin W, June 13, 2014.
- Report on Nicki’s story, “Apple’s Top Crimes of 2013,” on “The Morning Mix with Project Censored,” May 16, 2014.
- Interviewed by Brenda Bolinger for “Coffee with Conscience,” Pomona College Magazine, November 6, 2013.
- Interviewed by Mickey Huff and Peter Philips for “The Morning Mix with Project Censored,” Berkeley KPFA radio, August 24, 2013.
- Interviewed by Scott Sherman for “The Brawl Over Fair Trade Coffee,” The Nation, August 22, 2012.